Saturday, October 3, 2026

I Did a Thing

 


I actually made a quilt block yesterday--and did a bit of vacuuming and mopping as well. Today I'm doing laundry. Might get back to the sewing room. Might not.

The quilt block is from a pattern by Riley Blake called Decorating the Christmas Tree (photo below). My original thought when I purchased the pattern was that I'd make the entire full-size quilt. But after making that one block, I'm thinking it might turn into a wall hanging. It took a while. The instructions are not great. But one I get it all in my head, maybe it will get less confusing. 


It's feeling a little more like fall. The weatherman promises rain tomorrow and then cooler temperatures. Already the horrible heat and humidity of summer seem to be gone (I hope). 

Jesse and I ordered pizza and are watching the Bama/Mississippi State game. 

What I'm reading: Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke

1 comment:

  1. How great to see a new post today and to hear what you've accomplished - and that cute Christmas block!! Yep, a great wall quilt says I who loves wall quilts both seasonal and holiday!
    Roll Tide!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete