I'm not ready to review the books I read in September, but here is a photo of my book club at our August meeting. That's me on the far left, and in front of me is my sister Ramey. In the center front, holding the book is Irene Latham, author of our August reading selection Some Starry Night. If you haven't read it, or any of Irene's books, you're missing a good story teller.
In case you haven't noticed, October is here, the month I wait impatiently for all year. Our weather hasn't seemed to notice that it's autumn, but the weatherman promises cooler temperatures are just around the corner.I won't be doing as much autumn decorating as I have done in the past. My back and leg issues just won't do it. I did a little mopping this morning, and now I'm paying. I have to find another housekeeper before the house goes to complete wrack and ruin. I let my last housekeeper go close to two year ago, not because she wasn't good, but because of the price. Everything was already getting so expensive that I just didn't feel like I could justify it. I mistakenly thought I could do it myself, and things stayed tolerable for a while. But not anymore.
Happy October, everyone. I'll try to get back soon to at least list the books I've read. Still no quilting to show.


What a joy to see a new post from you and am elated that you got to your book club meeting. I've made a note of Irene's name so I can request her books from the library.
ReplyDeleteYou should enlist family help in decorating your home for Autumn. You'll be glad you did!
We've had lovely cool weather so the trees are starting to turn, but today is the last of 3 warmer days and it's 91*F (boo, hiss!). We'll likely have cooler days and rain over the weekend, and if the forecast is right for next week, we'll have overnight lows in the 40s*F and that will be welcome!
Not much sewing here either due to fatigue. Bummer!
Hugs!